Translate

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back for the long haul

These past few months have gone by extraordinarily fast -- in part because I've been out of Guatemala so much. I've made five trips since late February -- four to the mainland U.S. (and three of those to NYC) and one to Puerto Rico. So although I've been in Guatemala for over four months -- or rather, I arrived here four and a half months ago -- it doesn't feel like I've been here that long. 
But I've taken a vow, to myself at least: no more trips out of the country until November. I need to really spend uninterrupted time here, to get into a steady rhythm of work at the radio station, and figuring out the nitty gritty of the research -- the part that is not just hanging out and trying to make sense of what folks are doing but being more systematic about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment